Chris, with over 40 years’ experience in the valuation profession, founding and operating his own business over 25 years, consolidated the firm to a position of respect and acceptance within both the property and finance industries.
Chris has extensive advisory, rural, commercial and residential experience with clients in both the private and government sectors over a 40-year period.
Chris was a member of VCAT in the Land Valuation Division, a role he held for 17 years adding his expertise to solving various valuation disputes. He has held board and advisory roles to a large number of rural and commercial property groups.
Chris is recognised in the Property industry by his peers and awarded as a Fellow of the Australian Property Institute, the recipient of the S.F. Whittington Memorial Award and elevated to “Legend” status by the API Fellows for his professional services conducted with honesty and integrity.
The Legend award also acknowledges his support and encouragement of other Australian Property Institute members over a long career.
Academic and Institution memberships:
- Fellow of the Australian Property Institute
- Associate of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (Valuations)
- Honours Diploma of Farm Management (MOFAC)
- Sworn Valuer Real Estate Institute of Victoria
- Certificate of Real Estate Management, R.M.I.T.
- Associate of the Real Estate Institute of Australia
- Licensed Real Estate Agent (non-practising)
- Fellow of Australian Property Institute in 1982
- S.F. Whittington Memorial Award – awarded by Australian Property Institute for professional excellence and in recognition of his contribution, professionalism and achievements in 2003.
- Chris was awarded “Legend” status by the Australian Property Institute ‘Fellows Club’ in acknowledgement of his distinguished career and honoured reputation for conducting his professional duties with honesty and integrity in 2008.
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company DirectorsIt also acknowledges his support and encouragement of other Australian Property Institute members.
Professional Board & Committee Appointments
- Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal – Land Valuation Division – Appointed in 1986
Australian Property Institute, National Level:
- National Valuation Board – Member and Victorian Representative
- Convenor of National Plant & Machinery Accreditation Committee – Victorian Division
- Member of Divisional Council
- Member of Valuation Professional Board
- Convenor of Professional Fees Committee
- Convenor of Rural Matters – Group Liaison Committee
- Chairman (& Member) Gippsland Valuers’ Discussion Group
Valuation and Advisory Experience
Chris’ expertise and experience encompasses all types of properties over a wide variety of purposes including –
- Subdivisional/Englobo parcels
- Government and Semi-governmental Assets
- Specialist properties including tourism, caravan parks, hotels, motels.
- Compensation and acquisition matters
- Asset valuations for government and semi-governmental authorities
- Mortgage and mortgage in possession
- Asset acquisition/disposal
- Rental determinations and lease negotiations
- Ground rentals
- Family law
- Estate settlements